Today, the ACT Government has officially announced its pathway forward from Friday, 1 October 2021, which sees some easing of restrictions for retail. The anticipated date to exit lockdown is from 11:59pm, Thursday 14 October 2021.
The key milestones relevant to the retail industry are as below:
Friday, 1 October 2021:
- Lockdown continues.
- All non-essential retail can operate click and deliver or click and collect, with a maximum of 5 staff or 1 per 4sqm.
- Small businesses can operate click and collect or click and deliver or by contactless means, with a maximum of 5 staff or 1 per 4sqm.
Friday, 15 October 2021:
- Lockdown lifted (11:59pm 14 October 2021).
- Licensed venues, cafes and restaurants can open for seated service, with a maximum of 25 people across the venue or 1 per 4sqm outdoors.
- Businesses can have a maximum of 50 people or 1 per 4sqm if outdoors only. Not both.
- All non-essential retail can operate a click and collect or click and deliver service. Small businesses can also operate by contactless means, with a maximum of 10 people allowed or 1 per 4sqm.
- Hairdressers, beauty and personal services can open, with a maximum of 5 clients.
Friday, 29 October 2021
- Licensed venues, cafes and restaurants can operate with a maximum of 25 people across the venue before density limits apply. Over 25 people: indoor 1 per 4sqm or max 100; outdoor 1 per 2sqm or max 150.
- All retail permitted to open with 1 per 4sqm.
- Less restrictive travel in the region.
End Nov – Early Dec 2021
All public health social measures to align with the National Plan, taking into account the local situation. Consideration will be given to:
- Reduced density requirements, such as 1 per 2 sqm.
- Reopening of food courts.
- Further easing of travel restrictions – any interstate of overseas travel will be subject to the decisions of the Commonwealth and other State and Territory Governments.
You can view the full pathway forward on the ACT Government website.View Here