The Australian Cyber Security Strategy will invest $1.67 billion over 10 years to achieve the Australian Government’s vision of creating a more secure online world for Australians, their businesses and the essential services upon which we all depend.
While this Strategy is an Australian Government initiative, the government recognises the essential role of state, territory, local governments, businesses, academia, international partners and the broader community in strengthening Australia’s cyber security. Every part of government, business and the community has a role to play in implementing the Cyber Security Strategy 2020.
The Strategy includes:
- Protecting and actively defending the critical infrastructure that all Australians rely on, including cyber security obligations for owners and operators.
- New ways to investigate and shut down cyber crime, including on the dark web.
- Stronger defences for Government networks and data.
- Greater collaboration to build Australia’s cyber skills pipeline.
- Increased situational awareness and improved sharing of threat information.
- Stronger partnerships with industry through the Joint Cyber Security Centre program.
- Advice for small and medium enterprises to increase their cyber resilience.
- Clear guidance for businesses and consumers about securing Internet of Things devices.
- 24/7 cyber security advice hotline for SMEs and families.
- Improved community awareness of cyber security threats.
Read Australia's Cyber Security Strategy 2020