Minister for Employment and Small Business, the Honourable Di Farmer, recently announced that the Queensland Government would continue to support regional small businesses and bolster regional economic recovery with the delivery of a $5 million regional round of the Business Basics Grants program.
Through the program, eligible small businesses in the regions will be able to apply for a $5,000 grant to help finance projects to build basic capabilities and upgrade skills.
Applications will be competitively assessed and grants will be paid in full and up-front to successful applicants, with no co-contributions required. Round 2 opens at 9am, Thursday 8 September 2021, and will close when funds are exhausted.
We understand there can be a maze of rules and criteria to navigate to apply for grants and support packages. The National Retail Association has a dedicated team who can help you write and apply for this grant for a small fee should you require assistance. We have the expertise to support you with breaking down the eligibility, providing training options (if relevant) and completing a competitive submission. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1800 732 066.
Please note this round is only available for eligible small businesses based in regional Queensland.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- not have been approved for funding under Round 1 of the Business Basics Grants program
- have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters, and be based in regional Queensland (use the eligibility tool to check your location)
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less for the last financial year (2020–21)
- have owners or directors that are not insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt.
After determining your eligibility, make sure you read all key documents and information detailing what you need to apply and how to apply here.Learn More
The Business Basics grants program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
The program does not fund activities with either:
- a total cost of less than $5,000 (excluding GST)
- payments made before the approval date (you must be approved before you pay for grant-funded activities).
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
- Professional business advice
- Business plans
- Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
- Business continuity and succession
- Business continuity or succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
A list of non-eligible activities are available on the Business QLD website.Learn More