The NBN Co is embedded with state emergency services to restore impacted services across Australian, where possible and safe to do so. We’ve dedicated emergency management team and approach, including field crews, community engagement teams, portable temporary network infrastructure – all prioritised in supporting Emergency Services and the community during national disaster response and recovery.
Current response and recovery activities include:
- Bushfire recovery efforts and support blog, updated daily providing real-time infrastructure impacts and restoration activities. See here
- Free Wi-Fi to some 22 evacuation centres for those needing temporary internet access. This includes the installation and operation of Sky Muster™ satellite connectivity, enabling internet and WiFi calling. See here
- On-call portable temporary network infrastructure such as Network On Wheels, Road Muster satellite vehicles, generators
- Advice on staying connected in an emergency (preparation is the key), including what happens during a power outage. See here
- And more support initiatives to come……
For restoration of your nbn™ access network service contact your phone or internet service provider. As a wholesaler, nbn work with them for safe and timely fix to services.
Facebook: @nbnaustralia (regular updates and advice)