Now updated for the new 2020 version of the Retail Award
As underpayments in the retail industry continue to dominate news headlines, it has never before been so important to take proactive steps to ensure award compliance. In this challenging time where wage compliance is not just ‘a nice thing to have’ but an essential aspect of any business, understanding the complex rostering rules in the General Retail Industry Award is essential for retail executives and retail management teams.
To assist our members in eliminating the headache that comes with preparing rosters, NRA Legal has developed a 2-hour online workshop that will unpack the rostering principles and highlight the intricacies of the Retail Award.
This live and interactive workshop will deliver an overview of compliant rostering practices that will minimise your exposure to overtime penalties and underpayment claims. In particular, we will focus on:
- An introduction to common rostering pitfalls;
- How different employment types impact your rostering practices;
- Understanding ordinary hours of work, breaks, penalties and loadings;
- Notifying employees of shifts and changes to the roster;
- The inter-relationship between the complex rostering rules in the Retail Award; and
- Tools and resources for achieving compliance.
$230 for NRA Members
$350 for General Admission