This web portal has been designed to operate as a gateway for the delivery of foundation skills information and development strategies to the Australian retail industry. Specifically, the portal has been established to provide the content as follows:
- Definition of Foundation Skills for the retail sector; click here
- Easily accessible links to external content; click here
- Industry research on Foundation Skills barriers and challenges in retail business; click here
- Case studies of industry approaches to vocational training and language, literacy and numeracy; click here and
- Skills development strategies and resources to support the development, and enhancement or workplace English, language and literacy skills; click here.
The resources and learning tools available through this portal have been designed to assist employers and business owners within the Australian retail industry identify and support team members that may have foundation skills gaps. This web portal and its associated resources has been produced by the National Retail Association with funding assistance by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training.
© Commonwealth of Australia 2015. This program has been produced by the National Retail Association with the assistance of funding provided by the Australian Government through the Department of Education and Training.