From 6pm tonight, people living in Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands will be required to stay home until Monday 6:00pm in a bid to stop the spread of the highly-infectious United Kingdom strain of the virus.
All residents in those areas need to stay at home unless it is for essential work, providing healthcare for a vulnerable person, essential shopping or to exercise in your local neighbourhood. The wearing of face masks is mandatory if you leave your home to conduct this business.
All businesses that can remain open must adhere to the one person per 4 square meter rules with a maximum of 20 to 50 with a COVID Safe or Industry Plan (see below).
Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to providing takeaway services only from 6pm tonight.
The following businesses and activities must close during the Brisbane lockdown period unless an exception applies:
- Retail food services including pubs, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets except for takeaway services.
- Entertainment facilities, such as theatres, cinemas, music halls and concert halls.
- Amusement centres, such as places to play billiards, pool, pinball machines or video games.
- Indoor recreation facilities such as squash courts, indoor swimming pools and gyms.
- Places of public worship, except for weddings and funerals in line with the person limits.
- Spas, nail salons, hairdressers, beauty salons, waxing salons, tanning salons and tattoo parlours
- Massage parlours unless provided by a registered health practitioner or qualified massage therapist.
- Auction houses
- Betting agencies and gaming lounges
- Markets, except for food and farmers markets
- Galleries, museums and libraries
- Community facilities, such as community halls
- Sex on premises services, sex services premises and strip clubs
- Public swimming pools
COVID-19 Industry Plan for Retail in Queensland