I hope the New Year’s dust has settled and you’re starting to get back into the swing of things. I wanted to let you know about an exciting event called Retail Week, which is less than two months away! It runs from Monday February 25 right through until Friday March 1 in Melbourne.
Inside Retail, in collaboration with major associations and government, are hosting #retailweekau to bring best practice retail content for 2019 to the various stakeholders in the sector.
There is already an impressive line-up of speakers, including the following:
- Vincent Stanley, Director, Patagonia, US (Melbourne only)
- Dr. Violet Lazarevic, Head of Customer Behaviour and Data, Endeavour Drinks Group (EDG)
- Shane Lenton, Chief Information Officer, Cue Australia
- Kelly Jamieson, Managing Director, Edible Blooms
It’s shaping up to be a thought provoking workshop that shouldn’t be missed (read more here). I’m also pleased to announce that NRA members get an exclusive 10% discount, use code NRA10 at check out.
Moreover, the Women in Leadership Breakfast kicks off on the Tuesday with a select group of inspiring retail professionals discussing the biggest challenges women leaders face and new ideas for how to overcome them.
Meanwhile, the National Retail Association, in conjunction with REST Superannuation, will also be presenting a special breakfast forum on the Tuesday morning.
Our panel of experts will be focusing on leadership and guests will gain valuable insights on topics including:
- What are businesses doing to train and develop leaders?
- Can you improve your business’ bottom line through positive workplace culture?
- How can you retain staff and manage career opportunities?
Our panel will include:
- Tim Conolan – Founder & CEO of TLC for kids;
- Nick Pearce – CEO of HoMie; and
- Lindsay Carroll Legal Practice Director & Deputy CEO of NRA.
More panellists to be announced soon.
Details as follows:
Date: Tuesday 26 Wednesday 2019
Time: 7:30am to 9:00am AEDST
Link to the event here
Finally, the Retailer Awards will mark the pinnacle evening on Thursday night with finalists including CUE, Lush, Super Cheap Auto, Showpo, BWS, Telstra and many more. Book your gala dinner table here.
More information and tickets can be found at the official Retail Week website.
Have a great week, and I look forward to seeing you there.