Employers have a duty of care to ensure the health and safety of their staff. This translates to a need to provide a sufficient system for managing health and safety hazards and risks in the workplace. One way of ensuring compliance with your duty of care is to implement work health and safety manuals and to provide staff with regular refresher training on their obligations.
Our Work Health and Safety workshops are tailored for each State and discuss:
- Who holds a duty of care?
- What is the extent of their obligations?
- What happens if you get it wrong? What are the penalties?
- When are you required to report an incident?
- What are my consultation obligations?
- What rights do workers have?
- What responsibilities and powers for health and safety representatives have?
- What can inspectors do?
- How do I achieve compliance? What approach should I take to risk management?
- Appropriate control measures for retail specific issues such as:
- Manual handling
- Using ladders and step stools
- Slips, trips and falls
- Fire and fire extinguishers
- Emergency plans
- First aid
- Appropriate clothing
- Workplace bullying
- Personal safety
- Difficult customers
- Termination of employment
We are able to tailor this training to the needs of each business. We can travel to your business or conduct the training at our head office in Milton, Brisbane. It is interactive and includes activities, case studies, worksheets and a sign off sheet.