The Fair Work Commission released its minimum wage decision on 19 June 2020.
Unlike previous years, the Fair Work Commission has determined to delay the increase to minimum wages for most awards applying to our members until 1 February 2021.
Notwithstanding this decision, the final reduction to Sunday penalty rates from the 2017 Penalty Rates Case will come into effect from 1 July 2020.
The National Retail Association’s wage summary for the General Retail Industry Award 2010 has been updated to reflect this change and is now available on our member portal.
Additional changes scheduled for the General Retail Industry Award 2010 through the 2020-21 financial year are:
- 1 October 2020 – increase to casual evening penalty rates;
- 1 February 2021 – increase to minimum wages;
- 1 March 2021 – final increase to casual evening penalty rates.
Further updated wage summaries will be published in advance of these changes taking effect.
Other modern awards
For other wage summaries published by the National Retail Association, the increase to minimum wages for each of the following modern awards are scheduled as follows:
From 1 November 2020:
- Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
- Storage Services and Wholesale Award 2020
- Miscellaneous Award 2010 – National Training Wage
From 1 February 2021:
- Fast Food Industry Award 2010
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Restaurant Industry Award 2010
Updated wage summaries for these modern awards will be published over coming months in advance of the changes.
If you require assistance, or would like more information about the updated wage rate summaries, contact NRA via 1800 RETAIL (738 245) to speak to one of our workplace relations specialists.