NRA LEGAL IS THE NATIONAL RETAIL ASSOCIATION’S (NRA) WHOLLY OWNED LEGAL PRACTICE
NRA Legal offers advice tailored to your business, coupled with reliable and responsive service, to members and clients throughout Australia.
WHY CHOOSE NRA LEGAL OVER OTHER LEGAL PRACTICES?
NRA Members get initial legal / human resource (HR) help FREE OF CHARGE.
NRA Members with a legal, HR or industrial relations problem can ring or submit an online contact us form and our experienced advisers will help to point you in the right direction at absolutely NO CHARGE.
It doesn’t matter how many times you use this facility in a year, it remains FREE OF CHARGE to Members*.
The services we provide as part of this offer include:
- Current pay rates for employees;
- Award or Enterprise Agreement queries;
- Guidance on performance management, disciplinary procedures and termination;
- How to deal with discrimination and sexual harassment complaints;
- How to deal with bullying complaints;
- Leave entitlements of employees;
- Workers’ compensation queries;
- Workplace health and safety queries; and
- General consumer law information.
Compared with paying for advice from private law firms, you only really need to use this service once or twice per year and you’ve probably covered your NRA Membership subscription.
If you aren’t a member, this service is immediately available as soon as you join up. Click here to learn more about memberships or call us today on 1800 RETAIL (1800 738 245).
What services AREN’T included as part of this offer?
- Contracts, policies and procedures;
- Templates for job descriptions;
- Warning letters, cease and desist letters, termination letters;
- Representation in tribunals and commissions (for example in unfair dismissal or general protection claims);
- Negotiating and drafting Enterprise Agreements; and
- Investigations (for example a bullying investigation).
If you find yourself in a position where you need services that are not part of the offer, we will always provide you with a fee estimate prior to performing any work. That way costs are never going to surprise you.
*Please note that certain Members may have special membership arrangements where this may not apply.
Affordable rates – not-for-profit means great value.
NRA Legal is not-for-profit. We are here to serve our Members. Typically, the rates we charge for fee-for-service legal and HR work are about 40 – 60% of what you would pay to lawyers in private practice. That adds up to great value for you.
Non-Members can access these great rates too simply by joining. Click here to learn more about memberships or call us today on 1800 RETAIL (738 245).
So where is the line between Member free advice and fee-for-service legal work?
Generally, we’ll help you understand your problem, explain the risks and possible consequences and provide general advice on what you need to do next – all FREE OF CHARGE. For Members, we may also refer you to information, fact sheets and resources within our online Member Portal – also FREE OF CHARGE.
Often though, you will need more. For example, you may need a legal agreement or a formal notice or letter drafted, or if you get into a dispute, you may need a lawyer to represent you. These will be fee-for-service – but at NRA Legal’s highly competitive rates.
If our lawyers/consultants believe it is important for you to take these extra steps, they will explain why. And, before you proceed, they will clarify which services are free, which are paid for, and provide a fee estimate range for the work. Usually, there will be risks in not following such advice and taking short cuts. But of course, our Members and clients are free to make those decisions as they see fit.
Clear, practical advice – we specialise in retail and all fast services outlets.
When you explain your legal and/or HR issue to us, it is highly likely that we have experienced a situation just like yours before – with only minor differences.
This is because legal and HR in retail and fast service outlets is all we do.
So we’ll know the law. We’ll help you understand the consequences of different actions. What you can and can’t do legally. We’ll know whether something is urgent or highly risky. Basically, we’ll know what to do and help you do it.
This means that by working with us you’ll usually save time and money in getting your problem resolved.
REMEMBER, NRA Members get initial advice FREE OF CHARGE and any follow up work is at highly competitive prices because we are a not-for-profit organisation.
What do our clients have to say about us? Click here to find out more.
March Members’ Special
For the month of March, NRA members can receive a basic payroll audit at discounted rates:
Payroll Audits – A simple step you can take to reduce your compliance risk.
Over the past 12 months, there has been a significant increase in cases against businesses by the FWO for underpayment of wages. In many cases, business
owners were not compliant in award and payroll obligations.
Have our Employment Law experts review your compliance with a basic payroll audit, reconciling timesheets to payslips.
What do you have to gain?
- Gain an understanding of your legal requirements under Commonwealth Workplace Laws and the relevant Modern Award
- Ensure that if you were audited by the Fair Work Ombudsman, that correct payroll processes have been followed
- Should you be audited, you will be able to indicate that a proactive approach has been taken in regards to compliance
- Peace of mind
|BASIC PAYROLL AUDIT||Reconciliation of timesheets to payslips over a three-month period (or one quarter).||
$250 per employee
- Discounts available for businesses with over 20 employees.
- Eligible for employees under the General Retail, Restaurant or Fast Food Awards.
- Please note that these payroll audits do not include reviewing any other requirements or compliance issues (eg accrual of leave, breaks).
- All prices exclude GST. Please contact us for full terms and conditions. Offer valid until 30 April 2017.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:Contact our legal Team today