Product recall situations can happen to any business. Consumers expect faulty products to be removed from the marketplace quickly and effectively.
If a product needs to be removed from the marketplace, it’s too late to know whether your suppliers, wholesalers and stores are prepared to act quickly and efficiently. You need to understand what your partners need and what you need from them.
The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) provides resources via the Product Safety Australia website to help businesses prepare for a recall, and publishes all currently recalled products across Australia.
Collaborate with industry peers
The NRA Technical Standards Committee (NRA-TSC) brings together quality assurance and product compliance specialists from multiple retail categories to discuss challenges and solutions in terms of product safety and compliance.
This group provides an opportunity for retailers to:
- Keep up to date with changes in the technical standards applying to your products
- Learn from your peers in other Australian retail chains and stores about problems and solutions
- Contribute to and formulate national policy and standards as a Standards Australia nominating committee
- Engage in the dialogue between the retail sector and government and regulators about the issues concerning your business
- Attend presentations on topical issues from guest speakers from industry, regulators and suppliers
- Network with other product safety professionals and specialists in your field of expertise