NRA Technical Standards Committee
The NRA Technical Standards Committee (NRA-TSC) brings together quality assurance and product compliance specialists from multiple retail categories to discuss challenges and solutions in terms of product safety and compliance.
The Committee aims to:
- promote responsible retailing through cohesive cooperation;
- convey the concerns, challenges and solutions of the retail sector in terms of product safety and standards;
- actively contribute to regulatory, industry & standard reviews;
- actively participate in the development of industry best practice and codes;
- communicate on behalf of industry with government decision-makers and enforcement agencies, such as Standards Australia, ACCC, Offices of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs, the National Measurement Institute, and many more.
Committee members include quality assurance and product compliance specialist across many categories of Australian retail, including:
- department stores
- discount variety stores
This group provides an opportunity for retailers to:
- Keep up to date with changes in the technical standards applying to your products
- Learn from your peers in other Australian retail chains and stores about problems and solutions
- Contribute to and formulate national policy and standards as a Standards Australia nominating committee
- Engage in the dialogue between the retail sector and government and regulators about the issues concerning your business
- Attend presentations on topical issues from guest speakers from industry, regulators and suppliers
- Network with other product safety professionals and specialists in your field of expertise
Explore committee topics
Contact our team
If you are interested in becoming a Committee Member, meetings are held twice a year in Sydney or Melbourne.
Please contact David Stout at email@example.com for more details.