Retail Crime: What is it costing you?
Retail crime, such as shoplifting, robbery and vandalism, costs Brisbane businesses over $600 million each year.
Retail crime erodes profitability for business, increases the cost of goods to consumers, endangers frontline staff, deters customers, wastes time, and ultimately reduces the appeal of our retail precincts as part of a vibrant, safe city.
This is our industry – we all need to work together for sustainable outcomes in loss prevention.
The NRA is seeking to bring together retailers, government, law enforcement agencies, and the public to create safer cities and vibrant retail precincts by launching the NRA SafeCity Network.
We are engaging in a 12-month trial, aimed at increasing collaboration and insight between retailers to reduce retail crime in Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley.
This initiative is being conducted in conjunction with Brisbane City Council, loss prevention specialists, and local retailers.
The NRA SafeCity Network aims to reduce retail crime by:
- sharing knowledge, experience and insight between retailers – large and small
- introducing a crime-reporting platform which provides meaningful insight to inform retailers
- helping law enforcement agencies to identify and prosecute repeat offenders by providing real-time, actionable data
By reducing crime over the long term, the program aims to attract more shoppers and visitors to the city centre and ultimately create a more vibrant, safer Brisbane. If the trial proves successful, there is an opportunity for the program to be rolled out state-wide.
What’s in it for my business?
- Retailers will have the opportunity to collaborate with similar businesses to learn from shared experiences of retail crime and loss prevention techniques.
- Gain actionable insight from loss prevention specialists and industry leaders.
- Get exclusive access to a sophisticated software platform that enables quick, easy reporting of retail crime and provides data to help you identify criminals.
- Receive up-to-date information and statistics to improve the way you operate.
- Improve profitability by up to 5% by taking action against the costs of crime on your business.
How do I get involved?
The NRA SafeCity Network is free to all retailers with stores in Brisbane City or Fortitude Valley who sign up for the 12-month trial which commences February 2018.
- Sign up now to the SafeCity Network via the button below.
- Gain access to timely information, statistics & specialists when the trial commences.
- Participate in SafeCity Network collaboration activities (face-to-face and online).