NRA holds a VET Industry Advisory Organisation (VETIAO) Services Agreements with the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training for the provision of Industry Intelligence related to Queensland retail. Services provided under the agreement include:
- Consultation with industry to assess the effectiveness and suitability of the current Annual VET Investments Plan’s program outcomes for industry
- Identify and validate immediate training and skills priorities for industry and the related training packages
- Support implementation of the quality framework
- Enable established industry networks
- Provide advice from industry on VET related activity, programs and opportunities to the Department and to industry
Any feedback or skilling priorities you would like to highlight to the Queensland Government, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we will be sure to include in our feedback.
You can find out more about the Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training by following this link. https://desbt.qld.gov.au/about-us
Jobs Queensland – Anticipating Future Skills Project
Jobs Queensland is tasked by the Queensland Government to undertake research and provide advice on future skills needs. The Anticipating Future Skills project, which entails the economic modelling of future scenarios, is one of the ways in which Jobs Queensland is performing this work.
The results of the report harvested intelligence from a broad range of industry sectors.
One significant ‘take away’ for retail is that to 2022, it will remain the second largest employing industry in Queensland and the importance of workforce planning.
We need to consider:
- What does our future workforce look like?
- As an employer, do I need to re-assess workforce needs?
- What skills does/will our workforce require?
You can visit the site for further information about Jobs Queensland at this link: https://jobsqueensland.qld.gov.au/anticipating-future-skills/
Industry Reference Committee
The AISC National Industry Insights Report is a collection of information, data and insights for individual industry sectors. It captures industry information about skills, training and employment and the labour market. The resource supports Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) to ensure the design and development of training packages meet the current and future skills needs of the industry.
The key priority skills for the Retail and Wholesale industry identified in the Wholesale, Retail and Personal Services IRC Industry Skills Forecast 2017 are:
- customer service and engagement
- teamwork and collaboration
We can include your views and skilling priorities in our feedback. Please email email@example.com with your issues or concerns, and we will be in touch.
To access the Wholesale, Retail and Personal Services IRC Industry Skills Forecast 2017, please find the link HERE.