Premier Dan Andrews has just announced some good news for Victoria. The state will be coming out of lockdown from 11:59pm tonight, with some restrictions still remaining for the next two weeks.
Restrictions lifted from 11:59pm tonight:
- 5 reasons to leave home will be lifted.
- The previous 5km limit from your home will be lift.
- Exercising limits of 2 hours will be lifted.
- Schools will open.
- The Authorised Worker List will no longer apply, however it is advised that ‘if you can work from home, you sjhould work from home’.
Restrictions remaining for two weeks:
- No visitors allowed in homes.
- Pubs, restaurants, cafes and bars can open for seated service with limits of 100 inside and 300 outside, or a density limit of one person per four square metres.
- Retail, beauty and personal care can also open in line with the above density limits.
- Live music venues, dance classes and physical recreation facilities, including gyms, will all open with the same above density limits.
- Public gatherings are limited to 10 people.
- Masks to remain indoors and outdoors in all settings.
- No crowds allowed at large events such as theatres and stadiums.
NSW Cross Border Bubble restrictions
The City of Wagga Wagga, Hay Shire Council, Lockhart Shire Council and Murrumbridge Council will no longer be included in the cross border bubble. These areas will be added to the Extreme Risk Zone from 11:59pm tonight, in line with the rest of NSW and residents will need a Specified Worker Permit, transit permit, or an exemption to enter Victoria.